[Harp-L] Tommy Reilly - Norton Buffalo - Jerry Portnoy's courses

The Tommy Reilly Harmonica Course
Re-edited with disks is not available i checked the tate site
and it is out of print

Here is another Great DVD and teacher Norton Buffalo
Harmonica Power!: Dvd Two - Blues Techniques.
Norton is down to earth he talks to you not down to you as some
instructors are known to do. it's as if your an old friend dropping  in
for a chat and jam. sure he is in love with his playing, some saying
he plays to much on the dvd, but I found that to be not really  true.
I also learned from it and received more in value then the cost of  the DVD
course.

A partial quote from amazon
"Norton Buffalo shows you everything you need to become a real blues harp
player. He details many topics, including note bending, playing and using
octaves, the intricacies and etiquette of rhythm harmonica, combining breath
and  hands to create vibrato and more."

I highly recommend this DVD.

Jerry Portnoy's Blues Harmonica Masterclass - Audio CD - Box set

I like especially the youth to hear this, the course is CD's as in  100%
audio, no DVD's , zero visual input. so if you can sit through three
audio CD's this is a well loaded course, I paid $56.00 for this and  seen
it selling for much more.($72.00 on amazon and low $50's from a second
party through amazon.
The binder is very high quality containing an attached booklet and   three
CD's

contents:
Disc: 1
1. Introduction
2. Holding the Harmonica
3. Chord Rhythm
4.  Tongue Blocking
5. Changeover Scale
6.  Syncopating Chords

Disc: 2
1. Intro to Bending Notes
2.  Bending Techniques
3. Bends With Syncopating Chords
4. Bending Exercises
5. Upper Register Blow  Bends
6. Transitions

Disc:  3
1. Breathing and Diaphragm Attack
2.  Positions
3. "Saints" - 5 Positions
4. Boogies - 3  Positions
5. Mics, Amps, and Playing With a Band
6. Closing Remarks

Yes , this, even with it lacking a DVD for visual learning is  worth
 every cent! and should be in ones collection., you will learn  alot.

Regards
Mark