[Harp-L] Heavy metal harmonica samples on Hunterharp.com

Iâve been working on some heavy metal sounds for harp lately, sometimes using multiple Digitech RP devices running in series and/or parallel. I made a couple of brief recordings that show where the new sounds are going.

You can hear the samples at:
http://www.hunterharp.com/heavy-metal-harp-for-sure/

The setup for these samples is as follows: Fireball V mic into Digitech RP355 and Digitech RP250 running in parallel; the sum of those devices is processed by an RP255; the output from the RP255 is amped by a Peavey KB/A 100 keyboard amp.  Recording was via a Zoom H4 positioned about a foot in front of the speaker.  No additional processing was done on the samples.

I like the way that tongued rhythms wind up sounding like strumming on muted guitar strings with these patches. In general, I like these big distorted tones.

Iâll be providing these patches to my RP patch set customers soon.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick