[Harp-L] Vermona Bandmaster Chromatic

A local player was given an old Vermona Chromatic 16 hole Bandmaster by a
relative.  It seems to be in good condition, with leather valves.  It has a red
plasic comb and is nailed together by rather large pins.  It has a sticker on
the back that says Germany/East.  It comes in a plastic case that has Chromatic
on the clear plastic cover.  I have not played it, because it is pretty dirty
and smells bad.  So, does anyone know if this was a good Chromatic, and if it
has any special value.  He wants to trade it to me for a couple of Diatonics,
which I always underprice to him, because he has on money

From what I can find, I think it is a Seydel from East Germany, and I would
assume that it is prewar, but I do not kow if they used plastic combs back
then.  Can anyone help?

Does anyone want to buy it, before I take it apart.  I really don't work on  or
play chromatics very much because I hate valves, those seem to be leather and in
good shape.  I am concerned that when I know the pins out that I will break or
chip the comb.

Harvey Berman