[Harp-L] The wonderful internet

When I read the original post by Mr. Bonfiglio I must say that I felt quite upset. Buddy Greene is one of my favorite players ever. The man has just such a positive attitude that you can not help but feel better, uplifted after listening to him play or talk.

I understand that the post was about " The wonderful internet", but I can only think of two reasons for referring to the Buddy Greene performance as the example for his post :

1. Mr. Bonfiglio did not know anything about  Buddy Greene. Even if he did not know  him, he failed to grasp the fact that the performance was meant for "fun", a lighthearted  piece to entertain.

2. Mr. Bonfiglio knew who Buddy Greene is and chose to disrespect him by referring to him as, " it's some guy playing harmonica ". You don't refer to a player of Buddy Greene's caliber and who has done so much to promote our instrument as "some guy".
 It's Ok to dislike and criticize a performance, but a good critic refers to the player by his name, usually with Mister right before.

I am glad for all the people that responded and articulated better than I what I was feeling. I'll be first in line to buy Mr. Greene new CD.

Daniel