[Harp-L] Re: The Wonderful Internet

I don't think you all got the point; the subject was the "wonderful internet," not Buddy Greene whom I've never met and whose name I did NOT mention. The point was that before the Internet, this stuff would never have seen the light of day.

This is the point and that INCLUDES the stupid encore in Mexico my guitarist decided to do of James Brown "Sex Machine" (which I have never played) after an entire show of music from my CD Harmonica America. I tried to get that removed from the internet but Zvi managed to post it. The weird thing is that this the only thing posted from that concert!!!

The whole point is that there is no control over what goes out; I had no idea that the Carnegie Hall performance was just a good natured joke.

Would be interesting to me what the response would have been from this list if it had been Little Walter and not Bach that had been the butt of the joke. Of course the masses wouldn't know the difference between bad LW and good - and "they were enjoying themselves" so you can see how that argument is kind of hypocritical.

But I am only trying my hardest in my area to the Harmonica to the highest standards; one's that are judge by my peers, other musicians in classical music. I use the blues harmonica as my encores, my little joke, and never claimed to be a great diatonic player.

BTW, I listened to Mr. Greene and he is a wonderful diatonic player, especially in the blue grass style and country.

Harmonically yours,

Robert Bonfiglio
http://www.robertbonfiglio.com