[Harp-L] Hooking up an amp to a Mac

Hi

How does one connect an amp - in my case a VOX DA5 - to a MacBookPro, so that the recording input into the MBP would be via the amp and not the MBP's internal mic?

Once connected, how does one record from that? (currently I record directly from the internal mic using QuickTime player.)

I connected the amp to the input jack on the MBP and in System Preferences changed Input to "Line in" - and... nada. No sound is detected.

I'm not looking for any high quality recordings, just a way to record myself amplified and hear how I sound.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Zvi Aranoff