[Harp-L] Bands too expensive?

You might as well ask is live music worth it. Is playing music at all worth it? If you don't love playing live you might as well quit. Though the odds are probably against you making a living at it sure is a great way to spend some time.
Hell I have been playing in bands all my adult life. And I love it. Yeah I have a day job. And yeah I am gonna keep playing as long as I can. Chicken Licken and the pot pies. Willis Lopez and Fitting. The Sexexecs. Treat Her Right. The Hyena Club. The The. Coots. Session Americana. These are bands I have formed with friends and gone to war with...Some blues some rock some country, some all of the above. Man I have been finding a way to get up on stage and play harmonica since I was in my teens. I ain't no Deford Bailey, so I definitely need guys to play with. Any thing else is karaoke(unless you can play like Sonny Terry)Well what I mean to say is that it is all about the guys I'm standing there on stage with, counting off the start or hitting the big finish with. Is it worth it? I can't even believe it is a serious question ... As Steve Earle said "When my boots hit the stage I'm a brand new man, with my back to the riser I make my stand".
And it is a great excuse to get out of the house.