Re: Subject: [Harp-L] Harmonetta update

Wow..I'm sure at some point George had let me know he played a harmonetta,
but my memory blanked. I might have known, George plays just about every
kind of  wind instrument there is<G>.

Gary Lehman also informs me that Bill Barrett plays one. Isn't that cool?
What was supposed to be a 'dead' instrument is now being discussed and
talked  about..and there are more out there. Anyone done a look into any recent
recordings/videos?

I'd love to hear George up close and personal play something on his
harmonetta and will have that chance at our Festival next month.

 I came very close to bidding on one not so long ago but didn't know
enough about how to take care of or maintain them so wavered between  the
harmonetta and a melodica, which is why I queried Michael about having a  piano
background vis-a-vis the accordion. I just might have lost the bid on  that
perfect condition harmonetta to Michael's student, which would be
serendipitous. I think it's brilliant that a young player finds this  instrument of
interest.

Verrrry interesting info. Thanks Michael and George!

Elizabeth

"Michael,

Your post has excited me to get my harmonetta out and work  up something on
it for my next performance with Phil Caltabellotta (The  HarpBeats).  As a
matter of fact, I own two harmonettas.  One of which  was autographed to me
by Al Fiore in 1981.  Will we see you in New Jersey  next month?  If so,
then maybe we can talk "harmonetta".

George

"Elizabeth,
I do play piano although I am nowhere near a virtuoso.   It taught me a
lot.  I am hoping that my bass harp and harmonetta  exploits will
excite other players.  One of my students is a 16 year old  who focuses
on chromatic although he is a decent diatonic player.  He is  one of
the smartest people I have ever met and I am very interested in  where
his music goes.  He recently bought a harmonetta, so hopefully it  is a
sign of good things to come.
Michael  Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com