[Harp-L] The lowering of the pitch

Is it common wisdom that when the harmonica reed fatigues, pitch is lowered in discreet steps?
  The alternative would be a continuos lowering -- and maybe then a larger step down the slope.
  Reason is I´ve accidentally raised the pitch of a reed a bit to high, and I´m trying to convince myself that it can be a little bit like a string instrument, play it for a while and it will decline some.

The alternative is re-tuning the damned thing, I know. But I will eat a harmonica before I start again. Or at least I need an incubation period for half a year or so.
  The pitfalls on the way to the well-tuned harmonica are many and perilous, not the least is that what´s in tune on Wednesday may be a bit off on Thursday.
  Fascinating. (Probably.)

/Martin