Re: [Harp-L] Pat Missin "Drivin' North"

On Oct 6, 2010, at 1:16 AM, dmf 273 wrote:

I've "known" Pat Missin for at least 15 years.   But I've never
actually met him in person.  And until just now I'd never heard him
play.  We've conversed over the phone a couple of times but mainly
we've conversed through innumerable e-mails,  and mainly about his
knowledge of altered tunings.   He's always seemed like such a proper
gentleman, that I never imagined he was such a KICK ASS HARMONICA
PLAYER as he demonstrates in this YouTube.  I am totally in awe and
blown away, not just by his mastery of the instrument,  but by his
groove, soulfulness, jazziness - words just don't do it justice.

Why isn't Pat better known as a player?

Actually, those of us who know (and love) him, do. He is just so shy and unassuming that he never blew his OWN
horn to bring down the walls of Jericho.

So without further ado, please listen to Pat Missin's original composition "Drivin North" (which I wonder if its an homage to Jimi Hendrix' 'Drivin South"?)

http://www.youtube.com/user/rtrob#p/u/20/uX3bx5mdcys