[Harp-L] Trade JT-30 shell for Turner BX?

Hello Harp-L'ers,

I have decided that I simply do not like the shape of the JT-30-style mic shell, because of the protrusions for the screws. I prefer a round shell. So I thought I'd see if any of you are interested in trading mic shells.

I have a Hohner Blues Blaster shell that has been modified to accept a 1/4" guitar cord. It's not the screw-on adaptor... there is a threaded piece epoxied into the mic shell and the 1/4" female jack screws into it. It's a really nice setup, plus the jack is grounded so you don't have to worry about grounding to the shell like you so with the amphenol-style 2501 adaptor. It looks really professional (I didn't do it, a fellow Long Island harmonica player did -- Scott Micchiche). The grill is in good shape and the shell is the Blues Blaster dark blue color. You could always strip the paint and powder-coat it or chrome it and have a really cool looking JT-30 style shell. The grille is in good shape as well. The larger hole in the shell is drilled to accept a small volume pot (I used a military-spec sealed potentiometer).

The actual Switchcraft part usedin the shell is a 1/4" female on one side, with the cable sticking out of the other. I believe their part # is 120.

I prefer the Turner BX shell (I grind off the fin). Would any of you be willing to trade me a BX shell and grille (any condition) for this Blues Blaster shell and grille?

Lemme know,

Bill