Re: [Harp-L] Can we learn from differences and increase SPAH attendance?

In a message dated 06/10/2010 03:39:38 Malay Peninsula Standard Time,
winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<<
My main impression as well from the railroading website was that this is
basically a sales show for vendors, which is very different from SPAH.

I agree 100% .

Winslow also said:

<<
The 22,000 who attend the model railroad convention appear to be dedicated
hobbyists, not members of the general public.

Attendees at SPAH conventions usually "stay over" for several  days. But at
model train events, most of the folks who go there, are  families with
children, who come for just an hour or two, simply to see the  models, and
perhaps to buy something too.

My son is an adult now, but when he was small, (back in  England), I often
took him to such "train" events, pretending  that it was for my child's
benefit... That was my excuse!

Harmonica conventions are rarely events aimed at young families, but are
for harmonica PLAYERS.

OK sometimes quite young harmonica players. But the "profile" of attendees
is quite different.

Best wishes,

John "Whiteboy" Walden
Cebu City