[Harp-L] Seminar

Val will be posting the list within the next few days. I can say for sure
on Saturday I will be from 10:00 - 11:30, with Dennis G. from 11:30 - 12:30,
 then Rob Paparozzi and much more. I will be staying the day so please feel
free  approach me about any subject. As I am preparing certain songs,
signature licks  and basics, I would appreciate your input now on what You want
to get from this  seminar. Anyone who wishes to attend, perhaps bring an A
and a C harp. I have  transcribed ( the hard way ) and taken licks from the
Whoopin CD with Johnny  Winter, with much of the basic licks being heard in
many of his works..

Basics: How he formed notes, all diaphragm, no throat.
Sonny's Trill. No warble
Flutters: Rapidly pulling your tongue on and off the harp
Hand effects. Wah Way, fanning the harp, hand smacks ( pucky pucky, popping
 the harp )
Throat pops. ga ga ga  while using hands.
Whoops and Hollers.
More...

These are the songs I chose, one is from the CD, Whoopin the Doop ( Hooray
Hooray ) complete with ride section transcribed and main phrasing. Learning
to  sing and play..
Sonny's opening song to his shows: Worried Man Long Way from Home with
whoops.
The song Sonny and I did as a duet, Mean Woman Blues.

So email away. I want you to take nuggets of phrases he used commonly, one
being of course the opening line he did to 50% of his songs.

Then a little fun with the Cruncher or Avenger, please email me and let me
know which one to bring. I will be driving from New Haven at 7:00, hope my
mouth  works by 10:)

I really would appreciate your input. This is how I continue to grow with
putting these on, and it is for free, I am hoping to see many of my Sonny Jr
 owners to thank them and see them in person. I am going to have a SONNY JR
shirt  on, just say hey....

Hooray Hooray this woman is killing me. Transcribed
Worried Man Long Way from Home - Exactly as Sonny did it, with the  whoops.
Mean Woman Blues, which I will take extremely slow.