Re: [Harp-L] Is this guys voice insane?

Turns out this duo is from the Slovak Republic.

http://www.lubosbena.sk/index_en.htm

Lubos Bena on dobro and Matej Ptaszek on harp/vocals.

My first impression that this was overdone and highly affected, but Sr. Joe may have a point that he is doing phonetic singing which lends to the surreal nature of his voice. Apparently he is an accomplished street musician, known for his use of a brass horn for no-power amplification. Check out some of their other Youtube vids to see what I mean.

Seth