Re: Subject: [Harp-L] would like some help

On Oct 3, 2010, at 6:15 PM, Bill Hines wrote:

Actually I was thankful that he cc'd harp-l - there are a number of us out here who are also waiting for this information before we can decide what days to attend (can't take the time or money for the whole thing right now) or whether to attend at all. It's quite a legitimate question. And still waiting....

Bill Hines

Actually, I hate to be the bringer of goofy tidings but I don't think I have EVER seen a festival (especially a harmonica festival) where a 'finite' schedule of events was posted beforehand. What you mostly get is: there will be seminars, jam sessions, demonstrations, vendors, factory reps, such and such a 'star' iluminary or personage. You might be told that there will be shows every night. In the case of spah you may be given notice that Joe Filisko (and his group) will be there. Sometimes the names are given, sometimes not. It all depends on whom can make it.

Why just the other night we find Hendrik Meurkens sitting in at Trumpet's jazz club beCAUSE at the last minute, Will Gallison can't shake a horrendous head cold and can't breathe well enough to play. These things happen.

What usually happens is that these things are planned right up to the last couple weeks and then a booklet or schedule sheet is printed up. You usually get this when you appear and register/check in.

This may not be the optimal way to handle things for people on a tight schedule or looking for a specific list of events. So in that case, such an event may not be your cup of tea. And I can certainly see this as a issue of contention. I think the general idea is to go to a fest as an adventure. If this doesn't float one's boat, maybe it isn't the sort of thing that some are looking for.

smo-joe (just an opinion) Btw, $120 is for the whole enchilada. Sat only is about half that? If?