[Harp-L] JP Allen's DVD instruction program

Although I'm not a complete beginner, I can play single notes and bend OK. I
understand the 12 bar blues progression. I seem to be stuck in a rut,
though, with little real advancement. I'm sorely in need of some help from a
good teacher, but can't afford private lessons. I know there are many online
lessons and DVD instructional materials available, some better than others.
Has anyone tried JP Allen's DVD instruction program? If so, how well does it
work up to an intermediate level, assuming his practice regimen is followed?
If his program is not the best for my advanced beginner level, can anyone
make a recommendation for a suitable program? Thanks in advance for your
suggestions.
Dick