[Harp-L] Bullet mike static/disconnection?

Your connection problem may not be as easy as you think. The solder "ball" connects the positive wire to the element. The actual connection is made by the raised ring that the solder goes in to hold the wire, not so much the solder. Seeing the mate of the male and female connector, without the female threaded ring would convince you. Most likely there is a loose connection in the mic's internal wiring since you have already eliminated the female end, and I am hoping the cable.

If no one responds to repair this soon, post your location and I might be able to refer you to a pro.

Dave

Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2010 02:12:52 -0400
From: Dennis Moriarty <yodennis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Bullet mike static/disconnection?

Upon inspecting the mike it seems the little ball of solder has retracted in a little thereby making the connection precarious. Can I get someone to just add a little solder? I have other mikes but prefer this one and can't afford (economically or timewise) to send it out right now. Does any of this make sense to anyone. Gratefully! d
http://www.myspace.com/blowintheblues   ;