RE: [Harp-L] Best harmonica tuning to play "tunes and songs"

Steve Shaw wrote:

>I'm aware of the shrill feel of Lee Oskars when I'm playing, but have found that this >doesn't come through at all when I listen back to recordings of myself.

This is an important observation, I think. Listening to Lee Oskar himself, whatever one thinks of the playing, "shrill" is certainly not a part of it. (I kinda take for granted that he plays LO harps ...)
  Rather the contrary, very warm sound.

I once recorded, on simple equipment, with a Huang Silvertone -- and they sound really tinny when playing acoustically -- and that went down all right with some EQ fiddling and a good mic (cupped, as it was). No graver difference in terms of sound from the Hohner S20.

BTW, is Huang defunct?

Cheers,
Martin