Re: [Harp-L] Singing Ability

Peter Rowan is one of my musical heroes. I heard the NPR interview and loved it!

About twenty years ago I was doing gigs near the Big bend of Texas in a ghost town called Terlingua (http://maps.google.com/maps? client=safari&rls=en&q=terlingua +texas&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Terlingua, +TX&gl=us&ei=Cr3yTLOEE4GclgeBrqyBDQ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resn um=1&ved=0CCEQ8gEwAA)

My partner and I had been playing Rocky Mountain ski resorts and National Park lodges for the past five years. We had the night off and were at Angies' Starlight Theater in Terlingua for our free weekly dinner when Angie approached us and informed us that Peter Rowan was coming off the river ( Rio Grande ) and was gonna to play a set. In my ignorance at the the time I said "What, Rowan & Martin's Laugh In?." I received the most disgusting and stupidest look I've ever had from a couple of girls.

Peter Rowan came in and proceeded to take over that adobe. The most amazing show I've ever seen. When he did the Mexican Air Force and the Navajo song, I realized what a small musician I was in the big picture of things.

Taco in Baja