[Harp-L] Happy Thanksgiving, and the amazing VHT Special 6 amp

Happy Thanksgiving to all Harp-Lers, and to all others.  As you give thanks
today in whatever way makes sense to you (eating turkey, watching football,
etc) I invite you to give thanks also for the VHT Special 6 amp.  It is
truly remarkable.

Essentially, it is a blackface Fender Champ with a 10-inch speaker for
$200.  It is beautifully hand wired point-to-point on an eyelet board with
good quality components.  Right out of the box it sounds GREAT for blues
harp.  Seriously, you would expect an amp with these features and this tone
to cost closer to $800.

The 6V6 power tube gives a warm crunchy tone that just can't be matched by
the EL84 tubes in other low-priced tube amps.  As soon as you plug in your
mic and blow though this amp you recognize it is something special.  There
is a slight tearing on the leading edge off the notes, with nice
overtones in the body of the notes.  The amp responds well to the pressure
you put on the mic.  It just has a natural relaxed blues harp tone I have
never found in modern low-priced amps meant for guitar players.

At the Blues Harp Amps blog I have photos and videos, and descriptions of
the mods I've made to the amp to improve it's tone.  Mike Fugazzi has been
enthusiastic about this amp and he is exactly right!  It is an amazing amp,
and an amazing value.  It should be at the very top of your Christmas list.

Happy Holidays!

--
-Rick Davis
The Blues Harp Amps Blog