Re: [Harp-L] Invited!

On Nov 15, 2010, at 11:54 PM, Elizabeth Hess wrote:

My local blues jam recently got taken over by the drummer (whom I like), and we now have a rotating cast of guitar-player/hosts (instead of the same old guy with the same old songs).

I hate that 'same old guy, same old songs' scenario. That's a bummer. I know it is. :)

Tonight I went out to a solo gig played by one of the recently- added guys, and he INVITED me to sit in for a couple of songs. Woo- hoo!

AND, you didn't have to use any pressure.

My husband was there. He is supportive, but not a fan:

Know the feeling. Mama Cass ( the live one) isn't either.

This was the first time he's heard me play out. And I was happy with the way I played.

You weren't nervous with him there?

Nothing too adventurous. Kept it simple. Got compliments during the break.

Now I'm going to be all full of myself for at least a week...

I doubt it. You can handle it.

Elizabeth (aka "Tin Lizzie")

Woo-hoo! Woo-hoo! Woo-hoo!

Did I hear a train? ........ smo-joe