[Harp-L] GSHC Festival

Been up for 24 hours straight , got more Harmonica then one would
ever want ;-), need to sleep a week!

1. Met Val. She is a wonderful lady . a pleasure to meet and never once
tried to pull her hair out running the show!

2. Danny G is one heck of a harp player, should have heard him at
    the cocktail party, he also played a  spectacular version of
   "Black Velvet ", I was so impressed with his playing I had to  squeeze
in there to toss him a $20. tip, hope others followed my lead,

3. Rob P blasted the roof off the hotel in the evening show with a
spectacular performance.

4. Everyone who played was polished and excellent, even this 10 year
old Josh king, Great singing voice and player. someone to watch.

5. Negative thing was the operation of the raffle tickets, they had 14
items, person would turn the box of each raffle over dumping into another
container and never mixing the tickets, so 90% of the winners were in the 100
series and a few 200, 300, (these were on bottom, since flipped over and not
mixed were on top, holders of the 400, 500,600,700,800,900 series of
tickets  never had a chance (75%+) of ticket holders. (had 60 raffle tickets
myself in  the 500,700,800,900 series

6. The t-shirts were excellent , got two as gifts, they charge to little
for them.

7. hotel was great 5 out of 5 stars, decided to stay that night and they
gave me a $300.00 a night executive suite for only $109.00. the room
looked new, could not tell it was ever used. loaded with perks.

8. a structured Las Vegas style show of 1 hour would be better then an un
rehearsed, un structured 2 and 1/2 plus hour show with many dead spots
between  acts.
Rob kept it going, great fellow besides.

9. Reason your suggestion box was empty is people know if they make
suggestions they will be jumped on.

Could have much more to say but to darn tired!!!
Did buy myself a rosewood pure harp and a dragon's breath harp
along with a custom harp case, nice looking

regards
Mark