RE: [Harp-L] Re: Mark Ford and Jason Ricci

A few months ago I had the pleasure of doing a show with Robben and his band (not Blue Line and with out Mark but along with Larry Carlton). Robben (and Larry) is a real gentleman as well and I like to see guys like that get as much "buzz" as possible. Since then, my band is doing Robben's version of Worried Life Blues and Politician. Two more great arrangements by Ford. I have always liked his music but after seeing and hearing him play I have a new level of respect for the guy. During the sound check he and Larry went around WL Blues for at least fifteen or twenty minutes. As for the level those guys are at, well, I believe a lot of players have the ability and the talent and the soul that it takes but "life" just gets in the way and they just never quite get there.