Re: [Harp-L] Mark Ford & Jason Ricci

Hey Rosco;

I followed your link to Maybeaugust and listened to "the light...."

You have one of the best voices...I have heard yet on Harp-L.
Harp playing very good...arrangements  excellent.

I have to agree with you about Mark Ford...seems to be all but forgotten
here on Harp-L but my guess is he just did not make it out of the San Francisco Bay Area.
Even with a Brother like Robben Ford it is hard to make a splash internationally.
I always thought he could have been very well known if he would have wanted to back another famous vocalist.
He ( unless with the Charles Ford Band) was not usually booked as a Harp band...just a blues/fussion/jazz R&B dance group.

He did have a massive influence on players in SF bay Area... area...(just ask David Barrett)

Mark  seemed content to make great music with the best musicians one could find anywhere.
But I should not speak for him.
I have to respect someone who played originals and filled the dance floor every time he played.
Not many "harmonica" bands can pull that off.

Most of the good Harmonica Players around here know of his guitarist , Garth Webber.
Garth has a Studio in Berkeley and has recorded quite a bit with Mark Ford.
You will find many other good and great players have gone to Garth due to his ability to
put the A-list players in the studio and get the most out of Harp Players...
http://www.garthwebber.com/red_rooster.shtml

Would love to hear Garth work with Jason...

He is my favorite guitarist...and just a great guy.....( the guy's bio is outstanding...)

Rosco, I assume  you're into inspirational music...
My cousin Ross Walters  plays inspirational music ( and other types, on harp, sax, keys, flute, etc)
It has taken him around the world.

Yet another great talent on Harp-L....way to go Rosco.

As far as comparing the Ford Brothers to Ricci, etc...etc...,( previous message)

Would you compare a Rembrandt with a Picasso...no...just enjoy them both and then ...make your own...

Mark's Brother Pat would have some recordings that might blow your mind..but alas ...you had to be there.
Look forward to getting to see Jason Ricci when he makes it out here...(if he does).
How about him playing with Robben...now that would be interesting...

Grant Walters