From: michael rubin
Sender: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
To: harp-l
Subject: [Harp-L] Alfie's Theme as per the New Real Book Volume 2
Sent: Nov 19, 2010 8:46 AM

On page 14 of the New Real Book Volume 2 is Alfie's Theme.  The first
chord (which repeats many times throughout the tune) is Bb-.  When I
see a dash after a chord, I think it means minor, so I would play a Bb
Db and an F.  However, this really doesn't sound like the song.  Bb
major sounds much more like it.  Is this a misprint?  Do I
misunderstand the chord symbol?  Or am I just mishearing a very key
element of this classic song made so popular by Stevie Wonder when he
played it on the harmonica?
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com

Sent from my Verizon crackberry phone!