Re: [Harp-L] Piedmont Set

The set is an inexpensive way to get a set of harps. They are entry level
harps. So what? The price is right. And if you want to go slightly upscale,
get  the Hohner Bluesband harp set. They come in a similar case and seem to
differ  only by having metal covers instead of plastic covers. BOTH ARE
good entry  level sets. Both of my sets seem to in tune in all keys. FYI:
Bluesband usually  only comes in the key of C and in a cardboard box. The
Piedmont usually sells in  a fishbowl of 50 harps in the key of C.

If you want to sample what playing the same song in different keys sounds
like without spending a lot of money these two sets are a great bargain.

If you like to send money, buy a set of 7 harps in the brand that you like.
 Everybody who is even halfway serious about playing harp should have
several  keys, just to see how the different keys sound and play.
Amazon had the Bluesband set. I have free second-day service from Amazon
(after you pay the annual fee) and I wanted to get a Piedmont set for to show
my  harmonica class before the next week's class. That's when I learned of
the  Bluesband set. I had already used a set of Bluesband harps for an
earlier class  -- was well satisfied with the harp. BTW I own all three models of
the Marine  Band, SP 20s, Golden Melodys and Big Rivers of the Hohner line.
I own lots of  other brands, too. Piedmont sets cost about $30 U.S.
Bluesband  sets $40.

Phil

In a message dated 11/16/2010 6:09:17 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,