[Harp-L] Which Delay Pedal To Buy?

For delay I currently use 2 pedals: A well used analog Boss DM-2 and a Boss DD-6. The DM-2 provides a warm and dark delay that to me, provides a very 'retro' or 'vintage' tone. It's been out of production for many years however is still obtainable on ebay and occasionally on craiglist. They are pretty pricey these days. The DD-6 is digital and provides a much brighter tone and many more features including tap-tempo, stereo outputs, reverse delay and many other options I will probably never use. Also out of production but easily had on either of the aforementioned outlets.  My mic is connected to a preamp first which helps to avoid the signal issues. Both reside full time on my pedal board with one or the other almost always on depending on what the song calls for. I previously had a Ron Holmes modded Dan-Echo. It provided years of faithful service and sounded great after the mod, however it finally died. It was switchable for either short delay-reverbs or long, spacey 'Gilmour' type delay-echoes like the BBE. Still available on MF for about 90 dollars.

If you want to go cheap, the Danelecto BLT Slap echo will surprise you. 29 dollars plus shipping on MF. I have one and still use it with my battery operated amp for busking on the fly. It does a pretty good Elvis-Carl Perkins rockabilly slap-back but that is all it does.

When one or the other of my Bosses go, I will definitely explore the Lone Wolf products as they are designed specifically for electric harp by a proven craftsmen. Randy is great to deal with and will answer any questions you may have via email or phone. Either the original or the V2 are designed to enhance the tone of a miced harp instead of sucking the bottom end out of the signal from a microphone, a common problem with pedals designed to receive a signal from the magnetic pick ups of a guitar. I recently purchased the Lone Wolf Harp Attack which is a wonderful tool for providing crunch. There are many youtube related videos specific to these products a search away. They are a priced inline with a quality delay pedal for guitar and within 10 bux of the Aqua-Puss you mentioned. Based on what I have heard online and my own experience with the quality and execution of the Harp Attack, I will not hesitate to purchase one of the delays from Lone Wolf when it's time. No affiliation, just a satisfied customer.

http://www.lonewolfblues.com/index.html