Re: [Harp-L] Re: How Many do you bring

Follow up on my harp kit posting, when I was bragging about my  gear...

I'm in the Philippines, I was part "of the band" for a Jam session  last
Sunday, here in Cebu City.

Well, I carry LOTS of instruments.

That day, some horrible person "nicked" one of my harmonicas, from my harp
case, while I wasn't looking.

Thank goodness it wasn't my IRREPLACEABLE "Renny" Chromatic, the  #  eighth
that was ever  built.

The harmonica... Lost or stolen... Was taken from the BOTTOM section of my
instrument case, and I didn't use that harp at all, that day, so I did NOT
simply drop it and leave it behind. It was still in it's box.

It is a Hohner  "270" Super Chromonica, TENOR C...

In a green plastic case "270" , marked "John Whiteboy Walden"... The harp
itself was labled "Tenor C" with "Dymo" (C) Tape.... (Black on  Silver)

The instrument was originally  custom built for me by Antony Danneker,
back in about 1995...

Then REBUILT by the master harmonica tech,  Michael Timler, (
_www.harponline.de_ (http://www.harponline.de) ) over in Germany  about 3 or 4 years
ago.... Fitted with a  "Toots" Chromium plated  mouthpiece... And it was screwed
and not nailed back together. It played like a  dream!

A GREAT harmonica.

If it ever "re-surfaces"... It used to be my 2nd favourite  harmonica.

Well... such is life....

It is the first time in MANY years that anyone has actually stolen one of
my instruments.

I was SO LUCKY to only lose one instrument!

MOTTO: PLEASE WATCH YOUR HARP KIT!

John "Whiteboy" Walden
Cebu City
Philippines.