[Harp-L] Re: Peg O' My Heart

Hello, Michael.

I don't know the tune like the back of my hand, but I've got at least 3
different written arrangements of "Peg:"

Cham-Ber Huang's arrangement was written for the Huang Jazz Harp, in C and
G, the chorus
only, instrumental solo.

The Harmonicats' version, of October 18th, 1975, with Jerry Murad, Al
Fiore, and Dick Gardner (complete score), in Eb minor and G, for harmonica trio,
 instrumental.

And the original tune in C, arranged for piano with vocals, by Bryan  &
Fischer, copyrighted 1918, Leo Feist, Inc.The original has an  introduction,
followed by a 4-bar vamp, followed by verse one, then the  chorus, "Peg O' My
Heart," then verse two, chorus.

Back in 1918, the pop tunes were influenced by the syncopated music of
Scott Joplin. The
chords that you mentioned reflected the style of that age. The chords  that
are placed on counts "ONE and two AND" are the original chord placements,
pre-swing and dixieland era.

Contact me off-list if you would like the original piano-vocal sheet music.
 It seems to fit your arrangement of "Peg O' My Heart." My computer scanner
 isn't working, so I could "snail mail" a copy of the original to you.

_helmuth2849@xxxxxxxx (mailto:helmuth2849@xxxxxxx)

The tune was originally written after Oliver Morosco's Broadway  comedy Peg
O' My Heart became a hit at the Cort Theatre, New York, and was  dedicated
to the star, Laurette Taylor.

Best Regards

John Broecker