[Harp-L] Re: Discover Harmonica Classes Begin & Radio Interview....next week....the GSHCsoon After...(Warren Bee)

For those of you who are attending the GSHC Festival, you have an opportunity to see Warren Bee in action!  He will be giving an afternoon class "Discover the Diatonic Harmonica" on Thursday, Nov.18 from 2:00 to 3:00, right after Smo-Joe's  class on "Country Tuning and More" from 1 to 2:00. By the way, Smo-Joe will be our "open mic" host. There's still time to sign up for the Festival. In fact Danny G is now accepting credit cards for daily admissions that range from $35 to $90 as well as for the 3 day package of $120. You can call him at: (330)-322-9625 to pay in advance.

That's a power packed afternoon, plus a morning workshop on repairing your harmonica by Bill Price. Our website: www.gardenstateharmonicaclub.org has been updated and you can always go to bassharp's international gig list for updates too.

Sat.morning is filled with blues seminars and workshops starting with Rob Paparozzi from 9 to 10:00,  followed by Sunny Jr's class on Playing Sunny Terry Style from 10:00 to 11:30. Then Dennis completes this "trilogy" with his seminar on "Becoming a Better Blues Musician from 11:30 to 12:30. It will be a great morning, plus other classes as well. For "open mic" addicts, that's available, too. All of this is followed by a great Matinee including Rob,10 year old Josh King, 16 year old Jay Gaunt and other terrific acts.

One of our goals is to promote the harmonica for children and after the Matinee, we have a Children's workshop from 3 to 4 taught by Jay, Josh and 12 year old Janalyn Miklas with Hohner supplying free harmonicas to the first 20 kids who sign up for the matinee and class. This is open to the public for $12 for adults and $5 for kids (included for festival attendees registered for the full package or Saturday ticket.  The flyer is on our website.

Just a reminder for those interested in attending the Sat eve show plus dinner; the hotel cannot guarantee that you will be admitted, unless you pre-pay and register in advance.  There were walk-ins last year, but the policy has changed; so please do this in advance.

Garden State Harmonica Festival for a November to Remember!  ( I took that saying from Danny G...thanks Danny) or should I add, courtesy of Warren, a "hot" November!  Hope to see lots of you there!

Val Redler,
President GSHC
Co-Chair Festival