RE: [Harp-L] How many to do you bring...

We (OK, juse me) have a saying around my house. You can never have too many harmonicas.
When I was playing every weekend, I used 14 harps regularly, but brought way more with me. Our singer/guitarist liked to capo the first fret sometimes and then play C fingering. That meant I needed an F sharp harp. And he did some other songs in flat keys, so I ended up with all 12 keys plus a couple of low harps. He liked to do songs in their original keys.
And of course I needed spares in all the heavily used harps.
But, I had accumulated harps over the years, and I'm not hard on them, so it was no big deal. Now that our trio is defunct, I have way too many harps, but..... you never know.
Just got invited to play the anthem at our high school for a basketball game later this year, so I can practice that. And I have been working on "You Don't Know Me" with a country tuned harp after hearing Berl Welch do such a great version at SPAH.
Steve Webb in Minnesota