[Harp-L] using the Headphone jack as a line out?

First off thanks for all the help on impedance matching.I settled on an ART tube MP* in the end.It is yet to arrive so we'll see how it goes in a week or two.
Meanwhile I have also bought a VOX valvetronix 30 watt .First impressions just noodling at home are very good,I'll write a fuller review later when I have actually used it in action.
Which leads me to my question.I have a sit in gig coming up and rather than trying to mic the amp(its a small stage and I'm not on for to long) iwas wondering if I could use the headphone jack as a line out to the PA?
Unfortunately the VOX handbook doesn't give any specs at all on this output so I suppose I'm just looking for a generic answer.
I don't have any access to a PA at the moment or of course I would just try it out.

*In the States 30$ US
cheapest here 129$ NZ (abt 100$ US)
At this rate of buying stuff the wife will insist on me taking up golf or deep sea fishing,you know something cheaper ;-0
TIA
Rick
in NZ