Re: [Harp-L] Harpers Visiting NY

"Rob Paparozzi" <Chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote

"I wanted to give a shameless plug for a good friend on mine in New Jersey,
who opened a Blues Club (not because they have a Rob Paparozzi Cheesburger
on the menu!,-) ...<snip>

... Every Wed Nite is NO COVER and an open BLUES Jam hosted by Guitarist
Dean Shot and if you sign up he WILL get you up to play... <snip>

....so if your ever in the hood c'mon down and say hi to Robin & Eric of
ROBIN'S NEST RHYTHM AND BLUES.  NJ's only "Jook Joint"....

======================================

Rob post reminds me I've been remiss in writing harp-L to "testify" about my
experience last Wednesday at the Robin's Nest Rhythm, and Blues Club in
Linden.  Rob was kind enough to direct me there during a recent business
trip to NJ, and luckily he was available to stop by and sit in also.

This is an excellent jam, well run and well hosted by Dean, and with plenty
of friendly vibes given off by Eric, Robin, and the rest of the folks.  Top
rate musicians playing music the way it was meant to be played, but plenty
of room for even an intermediate player like me to step in and feel
comfortable.

So I second that emotion from Rob.  If you're in the New York area and
looking for a jam to hit, be sure to check out the Robin's Nest in Linden.
I had a big-time blast, and even got to have my first Paparozzi Burger !!
(How many harp-l'ers have had a signature dish named after them?).  Easy
access off of Route 1, and I couldn't have felt more welcome.  Mention Rob
sent you.

Fred S