[Harp-L] "Always in My Heart"

Dear Harp-lers,

I recently received my DVD copy of the 1945 movie "Always in my Heart" starring the first
generation of the Harmonica Rascals.  I must say that every time I watch it pick up something
different musically in the amazing playing that goes on in this movie.  Primarily by Leo
Diamond and Fuzzy Feldman.  This was before the chord harmonica was developed so all of
the rhythm work is done on chromatics and polyphonias.  Sooo Cool!!  There is some
wonderful bass harmonica work in the movie as well especially during the scene when the
rascals are marching down the street.  Not to mention the comedy relief from a very young
Johnny Puleo as well as his fine polyphonia work.  There is some cool diatonic work by Ernie
Morris on some overblows on the opening scene at the dock.

This movie is definitely worth seeing my any harmonica enthusiast.  Plus it was done in
1945, a much different time in American society in so many ways.  Hope you find out for
yourself.

all the best,

Roger Gonzales MA/Mus.Ed.
Fresno,CA.