[Harp-L] favorite harmonica story - Alvin Lee

I was at the University of Florida from 1972 to 1976 and at one of the many
free outdoor concerts that was hosted on campus I had a front row seat
(actually there were no seats - I was standing about 10 feet away from him)
to see Alvin Lee and Ten Years Later.   He played a pretty mean harp and
then turned around and used the harp as a slide on his guitar.  This was in
the formative years of my rock and roll education.  I had started playing
the harp in 1972 and loved the screaming guitar solos of 70's rock so this
was, in my mind, the ultimate combination.

Tom Halchak

Clearwater, FL

Database version: 6.15030