[Harp-L] Harp Customization Tricks/Tips

Matthew Smart wrote:
Just little ole me asking to get a few tips on working up harps. ................snip.................any advice on list or off list, very appreciated.

  All the topics you mentioned (and I snipped for brevity) are covered in Rupert Oysler's excellent DVD called Harp Maintenance & Repair, available on
his website, harprepair.com.  The CD costs less than a high quality harp - $66 including shipping.  It's the next best thing to having Rupert standing
over your shoulder while you work.
  Altho Rupert covers much re the tuning basics, i would personally like to see covered in more detail an in depth, step-by-step instruction of the
processes, perhaps the subject befitting a seperate DVD.  I would also like to see info on a process I have never attempted - chamfering
(removing material from the three free edges on the top of a reed).  By the way, Rupert also covers your next project - tip scooping.
Ron