Re: [Harp-L] Are homemade Copper rivets safe ?

Because brass is mostly copper, compatibility should not be a problem.  Copper doesn't rust so it should be less subject to corrosion than iron rivets.  If you can find solid copper wire of the correct gauge, it should work OK.
I would avoid aluminum which can corrode and deteriorate through electrolysis.

Vern