From: "Daniel Gage" <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 9:28 AM
To: "Grant Walters" <grant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] check your amp

Grant,

Don't replace, REPAIR your vintage speakers. I had a similar thing happen with the Jensens in my brown Concert. Only one speaker was working out of four. After 40+ years, the paper used to cone those speakers is bound to give out. The magnet is still probably capable of giving you a great sound. I took the advice of my amp tech and sent the speakers to Orange County Speakers for re-coning. I was very happy with the result and the cost. If you want to hear the amp, here's a video of me playing through it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hw3f-PUmEM

Thanks,
Dan Gage
"12gagedan" on youtube