Re: [Harp-L] check your amp

Grant,

Don't replace, REPAIR your vintage speakers.  I had a similar thing happen with the Jensens in my brown Concert. Only one speaker was working out of four.   After 40+ years, the paper used to cone those speakers is bound to give out.  The magnet is still probably capable of giving you a great sound.  I took the advice of my amp tech and sent the speakers to Orange County Speakers for re-coning.  I was very happy with the result and the cost.  If you want to hear the amp, here's a video of me playing through it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hw3f-PUmEM

Thanks,
Dan Gage
"12gagedan" on youtube