Re: [Harp-L] Cleveland, Mississippi & Charlie Patton

Well. all I can say is: "Gaaaaah".
When I listen to this I am reminded of the time when I was a tack welder at the Dravo ship repair yard in NOLa. I used to wear a Sony radio the size of a pack of cigarettes duct taped to my hard hat and listen to Delta blues all day. It shut out the din of the ship yard.

When I hear this I am reminded of one Alain Toussant, and the delivery is very much like one Matt Rebenek. Now I know a lot of musicians don't like to be compared to other musicians. but I don't mean any disrespect here because Matt is like my favoritist Delta blues artist.

In the words of the most interesting man in the world. "I don't often listen to blues, but when I do, it's Delta blues".

Just goes to show that a young boy from Tuscania can have as much soul as anyone.

smo-joe