[Harp-L] re: judgement

As a guy who has actually carried Howard's harmonica case I ask,
exactly who and where is anybody saying anything bad or negative about
Howard?

For those who say they like James Cotton more than Howard is not a
show of disrespect. It's simply an indication of their preference.
Howard doesn't compare to the traditional blues players, it's like
comparing grapes to raisins.

"There are some wonderful Harmonica players all over this planet. I
listen to all of them and their all of music has something important
to say at least to my ears.

Billy Branch, Tommy Reilly, Rob Paparozzi,
Toots, Jason Ricci the list goes on and on
I have learned from attending shows and listening to recordings that I
can learn from all of them. They are focused professionals that spent
endless hours honing their craft. Through them I found that there is
no substitute for hard work
on your instrument.

Having listened many hours to the works of Howard Levy I cannot
imagine the time and effort he took to reach the level of
musicianship that he has today. To read from fellow harp players on
this list that, mostly could not carry his Harmonica case, the
negative remarks is troubling. I am sure that Mr.. Levy could give a
rats ass of these diatribes nor should he. Jealousy is an ugly thing
and that's what I read in these post the past week referring to Mr..
Levy.

I always thought the people on this list were part of a fraternity. To
be supportive of each other, advance our much maligned instrument of
choice the Harmonica. Mr.. Levy has certainly done that in spades.
I guess I was wrong. To all of the people who wrote negative remarks
about this wonderful musician I have two words.
A verb and a pronoun. I am sure if you try hard enough you will figure
its meaning."