To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2010 9:20 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] overblows-overbends?

Hey all,

What is the difference between a overblow and a overbend. I know a overblow
kicks the note in the blow hole up a step and one half. What does a
overbend accomplish?

I can get the standard draw bends on any hole (although my intonation can
always use work), and I can get the blowbends on 8,9 and 10 (although the 10
gives me some trouble with the middle bend). But overblows are still a
mystery to me. With I hit the 6 overblow it sounds like a cat on fire. So I
mainly work on standard bends and tone. I will die happy if I can even enter
in the slightest way, the outer universe of Paul Butterfield, Paul DeLay,
or any of the greats I have been studying though the years.

Best,

Chris Mastakas