Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Fourth Position--Coletrane (Coltrane/Afro Blue)

Glad you liked it Smokey - not sure if you'd ever heard Jason playing Afro
Blue, and I know you previously didn't get to see a lot of the videos of
the  Band due to not having high-speed. Now you can enjoy. These Kornbrennerei
videos  are extremely good quality. View them full screen and it's 'almost'
as good as  seeing them Live.

I screwed up, though...Part Deux contained a 'malformed url' as I just
found out in trying to watch it again...so I'm assuming you managed to find it
among all the other JR&NB vids listed. Just for others' edification: if
you hover your mouse over the title in the margin, it will further identify
the video.

Here's the correct url (I hope):

Afro Blue (Part Deux)

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRDGrk0wBKk_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRDGrk0wBKk)

Elizabeth

On Mar 26, 2010, at 2:52 PM, EGS1217@xxxxxxx wrote:

> John:  here's another harmonica version of Afro Blue you might find
>  interesting.
>
> Parts I & II
>
> Afro  Blue
>
> _http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aEF-3VmFCQ_
>  (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aEF-3VmFCQ)
>
> Afro Blue - Part  Deux
>
> _http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRDGrk0wB_
>  (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRDGrk0wB)
>
>  Elizabeth

I don't know how many people appreciate how  hard it is to do
something with this tune. As with most Afro  influenced tunes (Afro
Blue, Afro Harping, etc), they are rhythm based  and quite
repetitious. Very little bridge to work with. This is a  GREAT here. I
am delighted when someone comes along and does a tune  better than the
original artist.

Jose Carlos Dos Equis   (smo-joe)