[Harp-L] Re: Fourth Position--Coltrane

I have not tried Coltrane stuff, but  I would recommend using a Paddy tuned harp to play in 4th position. The 3 whole step bend is available as a "natural" note  so you end up with a very smooth , no bends required, two octave scale in 4th position.  Great for fiddle tunes.

I just started fooling with this. It only takes a small amount of time to modify the harp and it is well worth it, not only for 4th but also for a lot of other positions.

Gus