Fwd: [Harp-L] 3 hole draw bends

Begin forwarded message:

From: "John F. Potts" <hvyj@xxxxxxx>
Date: March 21, 2010 10:28:05 PM GMT-04:00
To: icemanle@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] 3 hole draw bends

Well, I think I am probably using the root of the tongue which is so far back, it feels like the throat. I do feel i get superior tone this way. Among other things, it allows me to keep my tongue low in my mouth for a larger unobstructed oral resonance chamber.

I do not question the validity of your technique, though. i just prefer the depth of tone i get by not using my tongue.