Re: [Harp-L] Masterfull work by two singing front guys- harpme

Robert Paparozzi wrote:
<I believe Iceman is responsible for putting this show on at SPAH back in 98'

Yup.

< I remember giving Curtis Salgado a Chromatic Lesson that week in exchange
<for a couple of really things he showed me on Diatonic. That what SPAH is
<all about!
<
<Anyway, checkout Kim Wilson backing up Singer Curtis Salgado on
<"Bluebird"....this is a lesson not only on some great 1st Position Harp, but
<check out the 'dynamics' of the Band and the excellence in Salgado's Vocal
<Performance.......lot to be learned here and this is all 'off the cuff'!
<Brilliant and Tasty as heck!! Two Pro's at Work and having fun,-)
<
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L-ofsdRcMM

Curtis is a terrific harp player and a great singer, and that was a great performance.  In my opinion, Curtis is playing even better now than he did then, a modern master for sure.  I think he sticks pretty close to the west coast most of the time; anybody who gets the chance to see him should take it.

The show Kim Wilson did that night was one of the best harp performances I have ever seen.

Thanks for sharing this.  Anybody know where the rest of those performances from SPAH 1998 can be found?

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter