[Harp-L] ORiginal bluegrass chromatic ?

Wanted to pass this on. I heard the White Brothers on a bluegrass radio show a few nights ago. I had never heard them before and I only heard one song. The track, judging by how the recording sounded, etc. I guesstadated to the 1950s. The harmonica was very heavily Larry Adler influenced. It was a very unique sound, I wanted to pass along to those interested. One thing that was unusual about it, is that the harmoncia player had obviously drawn his influence from another harmonica player (Adler or similar) as opposed to drawing influence from other instruments as David Naditch has done. Mind you, there is nothing wrong with looking to another instrument for learning, that's basically what I've done, also. It was just very neat hearing that Adler sound in bluegrass. I thought "Man, I never thought of doing that" and it seemed perfectly natural when the White Bros. did.

Anyway, just passing along...

Dave
www.harrisonharmonicas.com