Re: [Harp-L] overtones and harmony

Vern,

I'm building a "son-of-harmonetta" kind of contraption and so I will be stuck with chords in equal temperament. I am looking for ways to sweeten things up in spite of that.

Your conjecture that the overtones come from the complex interaction of the reed and slot is what I understand to be the situation too.  That's why I was thinking that some kind of alterations to these components and their immediate surroundings might have an effect. But I see your point about how, inspite of existing differences all harmonicas sound very similar.

Doug H

Vern said: (snip)