Re: [Harp-L] tongue blocking

Don't get too serious about leakage. While I usually play clean single notes, I find that a little "leakage" can be very desirable. For example, when playing a 3 draw, a little bit of the 4 draw produces a really neat sounding effect. You may also find that slapping your tongue up against the mouthboard to get a single note after a brief full chord can produce a very pleasing effect.

By all means, learn how to produce a clean single note, but don't forget the value of some occasional slop.

-LM