[Harp-L] Re: Best thing ever said!

Interesting topic.  My favorite comment probably was the one from a fine world-class blues guitarist/singer with whom I'd starting sitting in.  He's sometimes grumpy, always demanding and finicky.  When I suggested working out my parts in our duo work, he said,
"Naw, man, don't think about it, just play what you feel, it sounds great!"

And while I cordially receive the over-the-top compliments from drunks and non-players, I discount them, it's dangerous to "believe your press releases."  But from respected pros it feels great.  Better, are constructive criticisms.

On the other hand, when a top-notch guitarist friend of mine said, "you're the very best harp player I've ever played with," it felt very good, then I considered the fact he plays prog rock, is raising toddlers, and doesn't get around much these days, anyway.

So I introduced him to David Fairweather and David Naiditch!

-Dave "Now I'm the third best" Fertig